The Langley School District welcomes new kindergarten students to our schools. Our teachers and staff are excited to meet your family. All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2022 (children born in 2017) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 6, 2022. Registration for Kindergarten will begin on the third Monday in January of the year for which the child is eligible.
Registration is open and will take place up until March 31, 2022. Registration will not be available during Spring Break.
If you still need to register for the 2021-2022 school year, please contact your catchment school as soon as possible.
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. Registration for the 2022-2023 school year will take place online via email at catchment schools. Instructions will be posted on individual school websites beginning Monday, January 17, 2022. To find your child’s catchment school, use our school locator tool here.
If you have any general questions about kindergarten registration, please contact your catchment school or the District by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, Photo BC Services Card, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available at child’s school)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (attached fillable pdf) and have documents ready. See above checklist. To ensure accuracy, filling out the form electronically is preferred over handwritten submissions.
- Submit documents online via email to the school. Please visit your school’s website for specific instructions.
- If you require additional support, contact your catchment school to seek help with accommodating your needs.
If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit or visitor record, you will need to contact the School District Office at:
- 604-534-7891 or
For information on registering students in grades 1 –12, please visit our page here.
*Helpful resources regarding vaccination records from Immunize BC:
Cross Boundary Registration
To register your child in a Kindergarten program outside of your catchment area, please contact your catchment school and follow the process outlined for Cross Boundary Registration.
Important Information Regarding Application to Programs of Choice
Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance
Families have the option of purchasing insurance for their child/children through the Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance. Enrolment in the program can be done online. For more information and to apply for coverage, visit this page here: https://www.solutionsinsurance.com/aonbc.
Read our Kindergarten Brochure.